St. Croix, US Virgin Islands — After further investigating cause of death and ensuring notification of next of kin, the Virgin Islands Department of Health is saddened to confirm the territory’s one hundred and twentieth (120) death related to COVID-19. The deceased is a 77- year-old female on St. Thomas. The Department of Health extends condolences to the family and friends of our latest COVID-19 related fatality.
The Department continues to work to slow the spread of COVID-19. Please continue to follow these precautionary measures: practice social distancing, wear a mask when in company of others outside of those in your household, clean frequently used areas thoroughly, and wash your hands often with soap and warm water.
Getting the COVID-19 vaccine and booster can prevent severe illness and death. A new schedule for vaccinations and boosters went into effect on July 1, 2022 and all vaccinations will take place as a regular part of the Department of Health’s clinic schedules. All Appointment services for vaccines operated by VITEMA have been discontinued.
For the public’s convenience the dates and times for vaccinations are:
For adults, age 18 and older:
- St. Croix the Community Health Clinic is in Modular 1 at the Charles Harwood Memorial Complex. Vaccines and boosters are available on Mondays and Wednesdays 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, for all adults (ages 18 and up). Please call 340-718-1311 ext. 3895 or 3822 for information or to make an appointment.
- On St. Thomas the Community Health Clinic is on the second floor of the Schneider Regional Medical Center. Vaccines and boosters are available Monday through Thursday 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Ages 18 and up). Please call 340-774-7447 for information or to make an appointment.
- On St. John all vaccines and boosters for all age groups (adult, pediatric and infant) are now AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Morris F. DeCastro clinic. Please telephone 340-776-6400 for an appointment.
Vaccines for children on St. Croix and St. Thomas will be provided at the MCH clinics.
Pediatric (age 5 to 17 years old) and Infant (age 6 months to 4 years of age) Parents/Guardians are asked to bring an ID for themselves, the child and child’s birth certificate
- On St. Thomas - only on Tuesdays and Fridays at Maternal Child Health (MCH Clinic) from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call for an appointment at the 340-777-8804 ext. 2600. Walk-ins are always welcome.
- On St. Croix - operating under a tent adjacent to the CHMC site Fridays ONLY from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please telephone 340-244-0016 for information or appointments.
- On St. John all vaccines and boosters for all age groups are by APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Morris F. DeCastro clinic. Please telephone 340-776-6400 for an appointment
For COVID-19 Testing, the schedule is as follows:
- On St. Croix – Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Charles Harwood Memorial parking lot
- On St. Thomas – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday – 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Schneider Regional Medical Center loading dock
- On St. John – Wednesday from 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m.